Mekong Eyes Cruise » 2 days Mekong with transfer to Phu Quoc Island
This 2-day tour starts on even dates (e. g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.).
If you would like to begin your tour on an odd date in Saigon you can book the 3-day tour to Phu Quoc.
This tour is available with the wooden cruise vessels Mekong Eyes (15 cabins), the exclusive Dragon Eyes (2 cabins) and the private Gecko Eyes house boat (1 cabin plus panorama lounge).
Day 1: Panorama Cruise
In the morning you are picked up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) in Saigon and take you to Cai Be (approx. two hour drive). You board the wooden cruise boat around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through the village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board for fantastic photo opportunities along the river. Enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Floating market and travel to Phu Quoc
Wake up well rested to the sound of the River and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing. At 6.30h the vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Rang floating market, one of the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants.
Directly after visiting the floating market a car takes you to the waterfront town of Rach Gia and to the pier for the ferry to the holiday paradise of Phu Quoc. Alternatively you can return to the boat for a sumptuous brunch before going to Can Tho airport for your flight to Phu Quoc. The tour ends here.
- We can assist you to book accommodation on Phu Quoc island and organize your trip back to Saigon.
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabin
- English speaking guide aboard the cruise boat and on side trips
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Side trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transfer by car (with driver) from Can Tho/Cai Be to Rach Gia and ferry from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc; or alternatively: transfer to Can Tho airport and plane ticket to Phu Quoc.
- Land transportation from/to Ho Chi Minh City
- Travel insurance of any kind
- Tip, drinks, personal expenses
- Others services not mentioned
- Bank transfer fees & credit card service fees
- Other not mentioned above
Rate per person in USD:
|Travelling time||1Oct – 31 March 2016||1 April – 30 Sep 2016|
|Boat||Per pax||Single supp||Per pax||Single supp|